We live in a time and a culture where we are not in a time of lack, but quite the opposite. Many of us are overwhelmed with our possessions and are in a decluttering mode. We’d rather have fewer items and those that we really treasure and could use.
To that point, I have had many times in my life where a friend or family member has been looking to be giving and I’ve gotten something that while filled with good intentions and love, is not something that I would really use. To that purpose, I decided that I would like to have a page where if people so wanted to give me something, they could find items that they know that I would like.
Here are some of the resources for places that are some of my favorite things:
- As most of my friends know, I love tea, and my favorite place to buy tea is TeaSource in Minnesota. Their Lapsong Suchong, Georgia Sunshine, Darjeeling and Oolong teas are some of my favorites, but anything there is tremendous!
- As many know, I’ve been working on my ukulele skills and a number of technique books by Brad Bordessa and Daniel Ward’s Arpeggio and Melodic Meditation books could help me increase my technique (as well as getting some private lessons!)
- I have been going to Acupuncture Together, which is a community acupuncture center, for a number of years, and they do great work of making acupuncture affordable.
- Of course, like everyone else, I have an Amazon Wishlist. While I would rather support local businesses, it is an easy way to notate items that I would like.
- And, there is always (as Lucy van Pelt would say) cold, hard cash.