Dear Musical Friends,
In November, over 80 people joined Betsy Manning, Zack Niman, John Vitale and I for a Virtual Ukulele House Concert. It was a tremendous success and people are still talking to me about it! If you missed it, you can see it on YouTube.
One of the things that happened after such a great event was I had a lot of people asking “So, when’s the next concert?” I guess I now have a series to run!
January 2021 Upcoming Events
Please join me for two concerts to start 2021 in fine style:
- Friday, January 1, 7:30 p.m. Danno Sullivan and Erin Ash Sullivan: Celebrate the New Year (and FINALLY say goodbye to 2020) with Danno Sullivan and Erin Ash Sullivan! This upbeat evening will include classics from the Jazz Age, covers from the greats ranging from Irving Berlin to Hank Williams, and some originals from Erin off her upcoming album We Can Hear Each Other, due out later in 2021. Danno is also the founder of the Ukulele Union of Boston. You can directly register for the Zoom concert here.
I’m producing this concert and will be the opening act.
- Friday, January 8, 7:30 p.m. Ukulele Songwriters Showcase: I have been lucky enough to be meeting with a number of ukulele players who have been developing songwriting skills and supporting each other’s creative development since June 2020. We’ve all played our songs at various online venues, but now is the opportunity for us to perform our songs for a larger audience. Please join Chris Alderman, Barbara Keating, Elisabeth Miller, Malissa Vieira and me as we share some of our best compositions for you. Please register for the event in advance. We look forward to share our songs with you!
It’s been a while and a lot has happened. We’re all beaten down and tired of the pandemic, and winter is on its way. The best we can do is to have some music and joy in our lives, and thank you for being part of my musical community.
- Sunday, February, 14, 3:00 p.m.: Solo Concert for Robbins Library: I’ve been asked to do a solo concert on Facebook for the Friends of Robbins Library in Arlington. I will be singing, playing the ukulele and hammered dulcimer, and maybe adding in some more surprises. More to come!
- April 23-25: Virtual NEFFA: Tentative plans for performing with my Power Harmonies partner Lynn Noel to share some “raise the roof” harmonies to get everyone sing along on choruses or more.
Keep in Touch
There are many ways that you can find out more (and help spread the word of my musical work).
- Share this newsletter and tell others to sign up to my mailing list to get it themselves!
- Follow me on my blog, Twitter, Instagram, keep track of my performance calendar.
- You can support my work by giving a donation to my Tip Jar.
Thank you always for your support. May 2021 be a much better and kinder year for all of us!