In this time when all of us are sequestered in our houses, online events, whether concerts, group singings, meditation gatherings, and a whole host of other events are being scheduled. I was finding that there were so many happening, that I wanted to have one place that I can see what’s happening.
I decided to put together this calendar to keep track and figured that others would also like to find cool events that we can all take part in virtually.
If you have any suggestions of events that I should add to this, please send me a message with the information (website URL, date/time, etc.)
Also, live events allow us to interact with each other and have a shared experience, and that is what we need most now. Remember, social distancing should not mean social isolation.
- Boston Song Sessions has a calendar with group sings from around the world.
- Check out this list of virtual field trips that you can do with kids.
- Check out the COVID-19 Freelance Artist Resources page for resources of financial assistance. We can all help many people who are losing money because they can’t perform during this time of all of us staying at home and concerts being cancelled. Also the Resources for Music Creators During the Coronavirus Outbreak has a lot of good links.
- The Stay at Home Festival is listing events mostly in Europe) of performers who are trying to make ends meet by doing performances online.
- The Social Distancing Festival is centered out of Toronto and seems to be more focused on large arts events.
- Open Culture is a website of activities and interesting cultural ephemera that you can partake in online.
- Wondrous Museums You Can Visit From Your Couch Right Now at Atlas Obscura
- MIndfulness in Blue Jeans is offering all their guided meditations for free.
- People’s Organization of Community Acupuncture is offering videos on acupressure techniques to help you out when you can’t get an acupuncture treatment.